Thursday, April 26, 2012

Letter Press

In class Friday we watched the film Proceed and Be Bold. It was about a man named Amos Kennedy who gave up a lot to follow his dream. He used to work for ATT which I didn't even know ATT has been around that long. But he was making good money there but was not happy. So he learned about letterpress and was fascinated by it, and he used it to make bold statements and question people's actions. He was happy then, and still is even though he is living somewhere that can barely be called a house. I admire what he did, because it is something very few people have the courage to do. He risked everything for something he wasent positive was going to work out. I would never be able to do what he did because I like living comfortably too much and want financial security, like most people.


I think that his posters are really neat looking and especially like the ones where he uses different colors and fonts to overlap words, like the poster above. The texture is also cool!


I think that he is a very unique person, who likes his overalls and pink shirts! And that he has the courage to make art his life and make sacrifes for it, he is definitly someone to admire!!

1 comment:

  1. I left the allusion of comfort and security for the corporate world. for my dream. I assure to I got more than I gave up.

    ReplyDelete