Monday, February 27, 2012

Collection #3

I was looking around online and I found this Bulorussian artist named Leonid Afremov. I found some of his paintings and had to zoom on the tiny and hard to read signature and keep trying different things until I finally found some info on him! He was born in 1955 and his works are very different from other artists. He works with oils and a palette knife. He does not do many exhibits and stays away from galleries. Instead he sells his work on Ebay. His early paintings were influenced by Marc Chagall and Modigliani. He just wants the world to see the world how he sees it! All his paintings have a watery look to them and are very vibrant and colorful! The way he uses the palette knife makes it look like little squares of glossy paper cut out and put all together to make a picture!

Los Angeles 1930, cannot find date done.

I can't find the exact date but a lot of his paintings are reacent. Like in the 2000s.


"I tried different techniques during my career, but I especially fell in love with painting with oil and pallette-knife. Every artwork is the result of long painting process; every canvas is born during the creative search; every painting is full of my inner world. Each of my paintings brings different mood, colors and emotions. I love to express the beauty, harmony and spirit of this world in my paintings. My heart is completely open to art. Thus, I enjoy creating inspired and beautiful paintings from the bottom of my soul. Each of my artworks reflects my feelings, sensitivity, passion, and the music from my soul. True Art is alive and inspired by humanity. I believe that art helps us to be free from aggression and depression."
~ Leonid Afremov

1 comment:

  1. I really love the colors in tis artwork! This Artwork looks more like london to me, not LA. Regardless, it is a great piece! Good Choice!

    ReplyDelete