Saturday, February 11, 2012

Collection #1

My first image in my collection is Falling Into Love by Mark Warren Jacques, 2010.


This is acrylic and ink done on a 11''x13'' canvas board.

I chose this as my first image because I really like all the colors and how you can imagine them spinning to the center. It's titled falling in love and I think the title matches the piece because it is like falling in love. Everything is bright and wonderful and you feel like your spinning when you fall in love!

Mark Warren Jacques was born in Columbus, Ohio in 1984 and now lives in Portland, Oregon.
His friend, Howard Hurst says, "Mark’s paintings trace the lines that connect us all into playful lazy circles." I think his work looks sort of psychadelic.

Here is a video of Jacques talking about his art, and how he thinks it's weird to sell art.
http://vimeo.com/1714290

“I am a painter, a dreamer, a reader, often a thinker, ambitious, and living for love and beauty. My work is a major connector between my body and my mind. Sometimes life is pretty wearing on the soul and the body, so the work becomes a resting place." Mark Warren Jacques

No comments:

Post a Comment