Thursday, May 3, 2012

Collection #11

This is the picture I chose for my collection this week, it is 12"x16" acrylic on canvas, done in 2010 by Maya Hayuk.

Maya Hayuk loves symetry and bright colors. She likes to embrace sexuality and spirituality in her work. She does huge murals alot. But also works with other artists and musicians. She has worked on Album Covers and stage sets for well known artists like The Beastie Boys, Rye Rye/M.I.A., TV on the Radio, Oakley Hall, Dan Deacon, and many more. She went to Skoowhegan School of Painting and Sculpting in 2011.

I like this painting of the Elephant because of the bright colors and eyes, I also like the interesting patterns, they remind me of something that would be in Henna art or something! Because of the eyes that she painted on, all the other dots she uses make you think of eyes so you end up seeing/imaganing more than the four eyes that are actually there. I think this peice is very fun and young vibe!

No comments:

Post a Comment