Friday, March 16, 2012

Collection #4


I'm in Charleston, SC for Spring Break. So I decided to collect something from here for this week. I've been walking by a lot of galleries but haven't had much time to go look around, so instead I looked up the local artists on Etsy. Her name is Faith Evans-Sills and she grew up in New York City, but her dream was to live on the ocean and paint so she moved to Charleston.
This is called Our Love and was done on 14 by 11 canvas.
The artist wrote this poem about her husband when painting it.
::Our love is....
a soul mirror,
life's sweet blossom,
my sun and moon,
a gentle touch,
a refining fire,
a soothing balm,
my thoughts echo,
a cleansing elixir,
resounding friendship,
the warmest embrace,
an honest reflection,
God's gift,
a deep gaze,
a joyful breath,
wild abandon,
a safe haven,
a counter balance,
a quenching well,
a quiet whisper,
my candle's light.::

No comments:

Post a Comment